MODUS is currently recruiting for the following position:
Innovation Manager (research proposal writing and R&D project management)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: A starting salary in the range of £32,000 to £45,000 is available for this position, depending on experience. The company operates a bonus scheme which this position will have access to which can further enhance earning capacity to in excess of £70,000.
Job Description: An Innovation Manager will create collaborative research proposals according to the guidelines of funding bodies and based on scientific concepts, ideas and information provided by the research partners. Proposals developed should provide the reader with all the necessary details to make a positive decision about the selection of the proposed research for funding.
Work will normally be undertaken in an office environment. Travel may be required to conduct face to face meetings with clients and consortia. Proposals may be in any area of science and technology.
The role requires the ability to communicate in a professional and credible manner at all levels of seniority, scientific and industrial profiles. Excellent research skills, a strong interest in science and technology and the ability rapidly comprehend new concepts and ideas together with the competence and confidence to write persuasively and articulately are essential. The main job duties involve researching, writing and organising ideas in close collaboration with clients which are typically universities, research organisations, innovative SMEs and large industrial organisations.
The Innovation Manager role may also include the professional management of active projects, typically projects where the Innovation Manager has been involved in supporting the successful proposal. Excellent communication and planning skills will be required to undertake the proactive management of risks and problem solving within the projects, together with an aptitude for crafting and implementing dissemination strategies and plans to widely promote the project and support the optimal use of its outputs.
Additional activities may include contracting for services such as working with graphic designers. The role will include active involvement in business processes such as invoicing, finance, marketing, HR and IT.
1. Working with EU partners to develop winning collaborative research proposals, supporting the development of consortia, concepts and approaches relevant to specific call topics.
2. Leading and coordinating the drafting of research proposals, including the original drafting of materials for impact sections.
3. Leading and coordinating the development of project budgets and resources.
4. Ongoing review of funding opportunities and identification and dissemination of call topics relevant to MODUS clients.
5. Providing professional project management leadership and support to funded research projects.
6. Undertaking and leading dissemination and exploitation activities in funded research projects.
Additional Information: Applications should include a covering letter describing your motivation for applying for the position and reasons why you think you are suitable for this post.
Benefits: Sick pay, Bonus scheme, Flexible working hours, Work from home opportunities, On-site parking, Company pension, Free or subsidised travel
To apply for this job please submit your CV and covering letter here.